Wednesday 18 June 2014

FATHER'S DAY

We had a full-on Father's Day weekend. Steve took a trip up to North Bay and was back in time for our little bean's Christening & our Father's Day BBQ and pool party.

It was pretty sentimental to see my little girl in my christening gown. She looked so sweet. I am glad we had it cleaned in England and used it for both of my babies. I'll put it away now and hopefully it can be used to Christen my babies' babies one day.  It was such a lovely sermon and seemed somehow the appropriate day to do it on. One of the best things you can do on Mother's Day or Father's Day is spend time with your children and celebrate being a parent with them. I missed the boat on that, but learned a valuable lesson this year. We have the most precious gift in these children of ours.  I love spending time all together.

The kids gave Steve a couple of books. One of my favourite sounds is listening to my husband read to the children. I think Robert Munsch gave him that and so that was one of the authors we picked for him.

Happy Father's Day Dads! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment