Thursday 30 January 2014

THE FREEZE


I live in one of the coldest provinces in Canada. It's all new to me. I was brought up in Victoria, I'm a delicate flower so not used to these arctic temperatures. But we live here now and we can't hibernate for the entire winter.

 Last weekend we were at the Governor General's open house and tasted some wonderful food provided by the embassies & waited in line for a chance to try out dog-sledding. I had a small mention in the Ottawa Citizen the next day. Brrr.. Thank goodness there was plenty of warm drinks to go around.

Winterlude starts tomorrow.  There are plenty of family activities to get involved with and one of our favorites is the skating either at City Hall or on the Rideau Canal.  I think we will make our way over to Jacques Cartier Park in downtown Gatineau with the kids; they have a Snowflake Kingdom there which is titled North America's biggest snow playground.


2013 Ice Slide-wordpress



No comments:

Post a Comment