Monday 8 July 2013

GRATITUDE

I am trying to appreciate every moment with my babies: everyone says how fast they grow up and that time gets away from you-it's all true. Connor was 8 when I met him - that seems like a lifetime ago. Now, he is almost thirteen. Since then we have traveled all over Europe, got engaged, married and had two little ones. So many experiences in such a short time-happy and sad.

Be happy, don't react, be gentle be loving, give time, play, be their super hero & mentor, not their friend. Encourage playmates. I have learned that all of this parenting advice takes extra work, but I am finding the rewards pay off when you apply it. It is a lot easier with two of us here. I am less tired and able to spend more happy moments with Euan. I have more time to notice where to put extra effort and which battles to pick. Steve and I are on our way to finding our grove building a stronger foundation to parent on. It's a great feeling.

We had a nice weekend, the kind where you don't have anything planned and that is just fine. We went for a walk, sat by the river and had lunch at one of my favourite spots in Wakefield. Last week was an action packed week of kids and tennis. *smile* Wimbledon ended with a beautiful win by Murray- not a dry eye in our house, including my babies. *laugh*

All theses breast feeding pheromones have great side effects - they make me reflective. They make gratitude, love and forgiveness easy. I have gratitude this week for quiet moments in the car with my husband; the children lulled asleep by the rumbling of the engine. 

It's going to be a good week, I can feel it!







No comments:

Post a Comment