Friday 14 December 2012

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Jet lag alert- we woke up very early yesterday and made our way out to memory lane.  First stop Esquimalt Lagoon to watch the sun rise. I showed Steve where I  lived, where my friends lived and the boys I crushed on lived, where I played , went to Brownies, took swimming lessons, highland dance lessons, went to church, went to summer camp, played capture the flag, my elementary, junior high and senior school.  It was a great day and my husband seemed to enjoy all the little bits of information he had never heard before and even the things he had heard, numerous times!

Christmas is different this year. I'm really feeling the changes that have occurred in my absence; over the years it's become less traditional. Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a fan of tradition and I am not a fan of change.  It's been a very busy year for us, full of change. I would give anything to be in our home in Bristol this weekend setting up the tree, Steve in the kitchen making sausage rolls and other yummy party food and designing our Martini & Mistletoe menu with Connor and L in great anticipation for our annual Martini & Mistletoe party.

That being said, I am very happy sharing the holidays with my family this year and making new traditions- as the saying goes "change is good."



We have only been here for a few days, but it's been wonderful catching up with friends, taking Husband to my favourite places and sharing my memories, and most importantly seeing the light in my loved ones eyes when they meet Euan for the first time. I feel very blessed to be with family over the holidays and I'm going to enjoy every moment.



Happy Holidays!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment