Thursday 23 June 2011

GOING THE EXTRA DISTANCE

I'm going to try out a new Aveda Salon today and shy away from my usual Redken salon in the village. I've been sucked in by their clever advertising with the tease of a hand, arm and neck massage. This salon offers going the extra distance including touching up makeup. I'm cheating on my lovely stylist with good faith in advertising and   promises of extra attention.

My visit thoughts: I believe going the distance has become robotic. It certainly wasn't the relaxed spa environment that I was expecting after reading the article in Clifton Life. The stylist are knowledgeable and friendly but I already had that in my last salon. My expectation management was too high.  I'm not a critic just a girl trying to find a salon where the service matches the price tag. I'll be heading back to my Redken safety net in 6-7 weeks time. Hopefully, my stylist will forgive me for my philandering ways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment